Navigation Menu

Saturday 1 April 2017

Live Review: S9.E12 - Hell Bent

The series finale and of course it starts with a 'Previously' montage starting with Mayer Me (who, incidentally till gets credited as Ashildr)telling the Doctor "I do as they tell me and the street is safe... I never meant anyone to get hurt" followed by Clara's final utterances "Let me be brave" as she faced the raven. That was a couple of episode ago and while Clara's death hangs over the Doctor like a big raven shaped shadow, it felt odd seeing Me's part in it. But of course, we have her to thank for the Doctor's current situation. We are reminded of his time in the castle-like trap/torture-chamber and his ultimate escape revealing it to have been his confession dial laying in the dessert outside the domed city on Gallifrey "Go to the city" he tells a boy "and tell them I'm back. Tell them I know what they did". What they did was, of course, was to use Clara as bate and he's not happy about that!